1. The emergency number is 9-1-1.
2. Change your smoke detector's 2 times a year.
3. Sleep with your door closed.
4. If you wake up and hear the fire alarm going off, touch the door with the back of your hand - if it is very hot, then stuff a blanket at the bottom crack of the door, open up the window, and wave something white outside while screaming "help!"
5. Smoke rises, so you want to crawl underneath of it where the "good air" is.
6. If you see a firefighter come into your house, don't run or hide from him!
7. You need two ways out of your house.
8. Come up with a special meeting place that does not change - a mailbox, sidewalk, streetlight, etc.
The children took home goody bags and their own special fire hats. They even got to sit in the fire truck! B-1 had a blast learning about fire safety! Please enjoy the pictures below of the children sitting in the fire truck! :-)