B-1 had a blast when their grandparent's came to volunteer on Thursday! The grandparents assisted their grandchildren in their everyday Language Arts and Math activities, as well as got to spend some quality time together at recess and lunch! It was so much fun meeting everyone! I don't know who loved their time together more - the grandparents or the kids! Below are some pictures from the day.
B-1 really enjoyed their field trip to Milburn Orchard's on Monday! Thank you to our amazing chaperones for helping us out! The children got to see Johnny Appleseed, take a hayride, and pick their own apple off of a tree. The children went home with an apple, a gourd, a pumpkin for our class, and some apple cider that we sampled yesterday. The children had a great time! Please enjoy the pictures below!
B-1 had a great visit with Delaware City Fire Company's very own Firefighter Bill! Firefighter Bill put on a presentation for the students about fire safety. He spoke to the children about what firefighters do, put on his uniform step-by-step, explaining the importance of each article of clothing, and gave the students some very important fire safety tips. Things that your child learned that can be reviewed with them at home include:
1. The emergency number is 9-1-1.
2. Change your smoke detector's 2 times a year.
3. Sleep with your door closed.
4. If you wake up and hear the fire alarm going off, touch the door with the back of your hand - if it is very hot, then stuff a blanket at the bottom crack of the door, open up the window, and wave something white outside while screaming "help!"
5. Smoke rises, so you want to crawl underneath of it where the "good air" is.
6. If you see a firefighter come into your house, don't run or hide from him!
7. You need two ways out of your house.
8. Come up with a special meeting place that does not change - a mailbox, sidewalk, streetlight, etc.
The children took home goody bags and their own special fire hats. They even got to sit in the fire truck! B-1 had a blast learning about fire safety! Please enjoy the pictures below of the children sitting in the fire truck! :-)